Monday, October 5, 2015

Body of Evidence

Time does not believe
In beauty or
Dignity
Make no bones about
It
In the end
We are only
Spirit and skin
Quit sucking
Your belly
In
Bounce
Be momentous
And
Live in the light
Fate waits
To tip
Our toes
Into night
Where we're
Left to waltz
Solo
On our imagination's
Dance floor

This is offered for Poetry Pantry at poetryblogroll.blogspot.com--this week my mom fell and fractured her thigh bone, and while I was waiting to board a plane to see her, my husband texted me that he was at the hospital. His father had a stroke, and couldn't speak. You never know what curves in the road are coming. And it makes me realize how much we have to enjoy the moment.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry, you are having it rough right now Sara - as I kinda said yesterday when I read this at your other place. How are you and your hubby holding up? I know when my mom broke her hip we were taking care of her a lot. My gramma was just put in a assisted community. She hates it but we cant be there all the time. So yeah, life happens fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your kindness. I am so sorry to hear about your gramma, it is a tough time. With difficult decisions, that no one likes to make. We are taking it--as they say, one day at a time. I posted in both blogs because I couldn't comment on some blogs as my WordPress account. Wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Sara. Hoping and sending healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayala, you are so sweet! Thank you very much for the healing thoughts. You made me smile :-). All the best to you!

      Delete
    2. Ayala, you are so sweet! Thank you very much for the healing thoughts. You made me smile :-). All the best to you!

      Delete
  4. Awesome poem, Sara. What a great message. So sorry about your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, so wonderful to see you! Thank you for the compliment and the hugs, very much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. This is great.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Perfect title, beautiful poem, Sara! But, so sorry to hear this news. Sending strength & healing thoughts winging in (all) your directions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you, thanks for popping in today.

    How are you doing? How are the parents? Better I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Your words are wonderful! Thanks for popping in--I'll be over in a snap!