Monday, April 1, 2013

A Two-fer

Line and Sink-her

A
Wareness
A
Wariness
Of
Re-
Lation
Ships
Sail me
A
Way
From
In
Sanity

He and Me-MT

Space
In this place
Peace
We can breathe
Each other's
Thoughts
And only have
To clean
Up our own
Messes

I'm participating in Poem A Day, where all my poetic bliss started, at Poetic Asides and Robert Brewer who first threw out that challenge and for whom I am forever thankful.  The prompt today is:
New Arrivals--the first poem, inspired by my tendency to be too trusting, and the second inspired by my husband's and my fledgling empty nest status ;-)    Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. excellent line breaks in the first one...love the breaking of words and playing off parts of it like the ships...trust is hard...i think on some level we want to give it because we want to believe in people...but then again, we end up burned...

    smiles on the second...my day will come soon enough...in some ways i look forward to the time with my wife, but know i will miss my sons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian!! Thank you for the compassionate comments. Most of the time I can spot danger, but she caught me off guard...as to empty nesting, it does come very quickly, and you do miss the kids, but it's also nice to just be ;-)

      Delete
  2. breathing each others thoughts...so much intimacy in this.. and we're not too far away from the empty nest, it is challenging in a way but also a chance.. oh, but still need some time to get used to it...so feeling you in this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia!! This poem is after a couple of weeks with no dirty dishes in the sink or socks on the floor, the first week I was walking around unmoored, and feeling sad.

      Delete
  3. "We can breathe
    Each other's
    Thoughts" - I loved this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes -agree with all those before me -enjoyed the form as well... Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my poem for the "other " challenge -I went nutty today and write 5 for PAD:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Pearl!! So nice to see you. You always have been the prolific poet :-) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hi Gautami!! Thank you very much. Your poem was quite lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your words are wonderful! Thanks for popping in--I'll be over in a snap!